When Kenneth and Gloria started their journey of faith they had questions too—lots of them! So, we've compiled the most frequently asked questions by people like you—people who earnestly desire to find God's answers to the practical, real-life challenges of everyday living. We have a new question every day, so check back often!
Q: I’m going through a difficult time. Are there some scriptures I can stand on?
Now more than ever before, we must pay attention to God’s instructions. We must take hold of the Word of God and refuse to let go—especially in difficult times. We must be like the writer of Psalm 119 who said: “Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path. I’ve promised it once, and I’ll promise it again: I will obey your righteous regulations.... The wicked have set their traps for me, but I will not turn from your commandments. Your laws are my treasure; they are my heart’s delight.” (verses 105-106, 110-111).
It’s not enough for us to just lie back and say, “Well, if it’s God’s will for me to have victory I guess He’ll just give it to me. If it’s His will for me to be healed, He’ll just heal me.”
No! It is His will. He did give it to you. By His stripes you were healed. Now you must take God’s Word as your heritage. You have to aggressively pursue it and get it in your heart and mouth. You have to fight off every unbelieving thought and every troublesome circumstance that comes to steal that Word and say, “I have taken God’s promise as my heritage. It’s my future. It’s my life. I refuse to be troubled by the temporary troubles of this world. They’ll pass away but God’s Word will never pass away. God upholds all things by the Word of His power and that Word will come to pass in my life!”
Here are some scriptures to stand on to do just that—to build your faith in difficult times.
- Isaiah 41:10: "Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand."
- Psalm 9:9-10: "The Lord is a shelter for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O Lord, do not abandon those who search for you."
- Psalm 145:9: "The Lord is good to everyone. He showers compassion on all his creation."
- John 16:33: “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”
- Philippians 4:6-7: "Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."
- Philippians 4:13: For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."